Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I blame The Bullet

Last Friday night, after my first med school exam, I decided to celebrate... Apparently, the festivities weren't enough for me, and I felt the need to add a concussion, a broken nose, a busted lip, and two loose teeth to the night's events.

I was biking home. I was drunk. I hit a pot hole, was thrown over my handlebars and landed smack on my face and neck. I woke up in Emergency after an ambulance ride and don't remember much.

When I got home, my left eye was so swollen I couldn't even open it to take out my contact lens. The cyclops effect wore off after a couple of days and it looks like I'll recover just fine, after all, my nose wasn't really straight to begin with...Other than that, I seem to be healing at superhuman speed but the take home message is pretty clear:

WEAR YOUR HELMETS boys and girls!

I know I learned my lesson.

As for The Pink Bullet, well, she's taking a leave of absence until we can rekindle our friendship again. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Quitmoanez said...

I'm glad you're recovering.

:)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

thanks! me too :)

Yesterday I bought a helmet and started riding my bike again...you know what they say, life must go on...

2:00 PM  
Blogger Krahn said...

SHITTY DEAL!! I hope you're OK. Jeez when will you people learn to wear the fucking helmet!? Christ. WHen are you guys coming to visit so that I can properly scold you? (Disclaimer: comments or statements made do not contain any added sexual inuendo or double meanings. Staements/ comments made need only be taken as fun finger wagging and/or affable concern for a friends welll being. Does not contain any MSG or artificial preservatives.)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

thanks for the concern, threats, etc. As for visiting, aren't YOU the one who was supposed to come visit! And don't worry, I've been appropriately scolded in all ways.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home